Cornerstone International College offers an all-inclusive, academically based program that trains and prepares students to be a Central Sterile Supply & Distribution (CSSD) Technician or also know as Sterile Processing Technician. Come and visit our campus to tour the facility and classroom. Also, we allow prospective students to sit in the class for FREE for a couple of hours to get a chance to see if the class or the program is right for them. Make the right decision for a better and rewarding educational experience.
The sterile processing and distribution technician decontaminates, inspects, assembles, and sterilizes instruments and surgical trays. The technician also manages inventory control, orders supplies, inspects, maintains, delivers and retrieves equipment and instruments for the surgery suite, emergency room and intensive care units.
This program prepares graduates for eligibility for the international board examination given by CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution) or IPASS (International Professional Association of Sterile Services).
Sterile Processing Technician Program includes such topics as:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Microbiology & Chemistry Related to Central Service Activities
- Communications & Interpersonal Skills
- Infection Control Procedures
- Central Services Departmental Organization & Function
- Principles of Safety
- Principles, Methods & Controls of Sterilization Processes (cleaning, processing, packaging, distributing, storing, and inventory control of sterile goods, instruments, trays & equipment
- Medical Terminology
- Surgical Instrumentation
- Blood Borne Diseases, HIV/AIDS
The course training is very comprehensive, which includes the theory component and skills lab, so that an individual will succeed in the international board certification exam. In order to sit for the board certification exam, students must pass the course with an average of 75% to receive a Certificate of Completion. With this certification, students will then be qualified to sit for the national board certification exam.
We provide the tools and the resources for our students to succeed. Our training program allows students to “digest” or process the information slowly and at an extended period of time in order to retain the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a high school graduate or with a GED
- Pass the background check*
- Be able to take the drug screening*
- HIGHEST BOARD PASSING RATE – AVERAGE OF 98%
- EXPERIENCED AND CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
- EXCELLENT STUDENT SERVICES
- BOOT CAMP REVIEW FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE BOARD EXAM
- UNLIMITED CLASS REFRESHER
- TUTORIAL SERVICES*
- WRITTEN GUARANTEE*
- RESUME WORKSHOP
- INTERVIEW WORKSHOP
- LIFETIME JOB ASSISTANCE*
WHEN YOU COMPARE PROGRAM COSTS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS, PLEASE CONSIDER THE BENEFITS YOU WILL BE RECEIVING FROM CORNERSTONE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, INCLUDING OUR WRITTEN GUARANTEE.