Sterile Processing Technician
Cornerstone has exceeded my expectations. The SPT course was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is "learn by example". I would recommend this institution to anyone. LOOK NO FURTHER!
Cornerstone International College offers an all-inclusive, academically based program that prepares EKG Technicians to take the National Healthcareer Association national certification exam.
As an EKG Technician, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
EKG TECHNICIAN SALARY
The median EKG tech salary in the United States is $50,000 per year. The lowest 10% of EKG technicians earned around $27,000, but the top 10% earned salaries exceeding the $77,000 mark.
Most of the EKG Tech jobs will be found in hospitals, but some doctor’s offices also staff this position. EKG techs typically work standard 40 hour weeks, although the occasional weekend will also be required. EKG technicians working in labs tend to put in longer working hours and may be on call.
EKG TECHNICIAN JOB OUTLOOK
The job outlook for EKG techs looks excellent, as career opportunities for cardiovascular technicians and technologists are projected to grow 29% from 2010-2020. This is significantly faster than the average job growth for other occupations. As the baby boomer population ages, the need for EKG technicians will continue to grow, and as medical imaging technology advances, hospitals and labs will replace more currently invasive procedures with less invasive, more affordable imaging options.
Employment opportunities for EKG techs are expected to grow more rapidly in private diagnostic laboratories and doctor’s offices, although hospitals will still employ the majority cardiovascular technicians.
Our comprehensive sixty (60) hour ECG / EKG Technician Certification Program provides students with the skills required to function effectively as ECG / EKG Technicians, and prepares them to sit the national electrocardiograph technician certification exam through National Healthcareer Association. The program consists of both didactic and hands-on instruction.
Sterile Processing Technician Program includes such topics as:
· Anatomy & Physiology of the heart
· Medical disease processes
· Medical terminology
· Electrocardiography and overview of Echocardiography
Hands-on training labs introduce the student to the function and proper use of the EKG machine, 12-lead placement and interpretation, Holter Monitoring, stress testing and other clinical practices. After completion of the course students will be able to quickly and easily recognize significant cardiac events.
Upon completion of the course, students will be eligible to take the Certified EKG Technician, CET through NHA.ÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Optional EKG Clinical Externships are available. To inquire about an EKG Externship, please call 51-429-1700.
1. Must be at least 18 years old
2. Must be a high school graduate or with a GED
3. Pass the background check*
4. Be able to take the drug screening*
*depending on the healthcare facility
Seating is limited. Reserve your seat now by calling (888) 489-4334.
TOP TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE CORNERSTONE'S PROGRAM:
1. HIGHEST BOARD PASSING RATE - AVERAGE OF 95%
2. EXPERIENCED AND CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
3. EXCELLENT STUDENT SERVICES
4. BOOT CAMP REVIEW FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE BOARD EXAM
5. UNLIMITED CLASS REFRESHER
6. TUTORIAL SERVICES*
7. WRITTEN GUARANTEE*
8. FREE RESUME WORKSHOP
9. FREE INTERVIEW WORKSHOP
10. LIFETIME JOB ASSISTANCE*
WHEN YOU COMPARE PROGRAM COSTS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS, PLEASE CONSIDER THE BENEFITS YOU WILL BE RECEIVING FROM CORNERSTONE COLLEGE, INCLUDING OUR WRITTEN GUARANTEE.
* Helping graduating students in obtaining employment is one of Cornerstone International College's biggest priorities. That's why anytime after graduation, you can take advantage of our career & placement program -at no additional charge.
* After graduation, our door will always be open for you if you ever want to return to Cornerstone for training refresher or even for a review for the state exam. All these are at no cost to you! This added-value benefit of Cornerstone allows you to keep abreast with the growing trends in your field. We do our best to ensure you reach your personal goals.
If some reason you do not pass the national board certification through NHA after taking the national exam, you can attend a future boot camp for FREE.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Furthermore, Cornerstone International College will pay for the testing fees associated with the NHA exam, but must attend the boot camp review and must demonstrate a passing score of at least 85% in the Boot Camp Post Assessment.
Note - To attend a future boot camp for free, you need to bring your course materials.