Sterile Processing Technician
Cornerstone has exceeded my expectations. The SPT course was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is "learn by example". I would recommend this institution to anyone. LOOK NO FURTHER!
Endoscopic Technician Certificate Program
SACRAMENTO/ELK GROVE CAMPUS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS... CALL TOLL FREE (888) 489-4334 FOR MORE DETAILS**
** LEARN ABOUT OUR ONLINE and HYBRID CLASS BY CLICKING HERE **
Cornerstone International College offers an all-inclusive, academically based program that trains and prepares students to be an Endoscopy (GI) Technician. We are proud to be the ONLY school in the bay area that has a full skills-lab that simulate a hospital environment with real-world equipment, such as Sterilization equipment, OR Surgical tables with real surgical instruments, Inspection Table, etc. Come and visit our campus to tour the facility and classroom. Also, we allow prospective students to sit in the class for FREE for a couple of hours to get a chance to see if the class or the program is for them. Make the right decision for a better and rewarding educational experience.
Endoscopy (GI) Technician is part of the medical team that uses endoscopes to diagnose or treat gastrointestinal problems. They interact with patients, prepare the room and the equipment, provide support to physicians and nurses while the procedure is underway, handle specimens collected, and sterilize equipment.
This program prepares graduates for eligibility for the National Certifying Examination given by Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution.
Course topics covered in an endoscopic technician certificate program include:
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Perioperative services
- Perioperative microbiology
- Endoscopic basic theory
- Working with surgical teams
- Endoscopic technician practice
The course training is very comprehensive, which includes the theory component and skills lab, so that an individual will succeed in the national board certification exam. In order to sit for the national board certification exam, students must pass the course with an average of 75% to receive a Certificate of Completion. With this certification, students will then be qualified to sit for the national board certification exam.
1. Must be at least 18 years old
2. Must be a high school graduate or with a GED
3. Must be a certified Sterile Processing Technician.
Seating is limited. Reserve your seat now by calling (888) 489-4334.
* Helping graduating students in obtaining employment is one of Cornerstone International College's biggest priorities. That's why anytime after graduation, you can take advantage of our career & placement program *
* After graduation, our door will always be open for you if you ever want to return to Cornerstone for training refresher or even for a review for the state exam. All these are at no cost to you! This added-value benefit of Cornerstone allows you to keep abreast with the growing trends in your field. We do our best to ensure you reach your personal goals.
If some reason you do not pass the national board certification through CBSPD after taking the national exam, you can attend a future boot camp for FREE.
Note - To attend a future boot camp for free, you need to bring your course materials.ÂÂÂÂÂÂ