Sterile Processing Technician
Cornerstone has exceeded my expectations. The SPT course was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is "learn by example". I would recommend this institution to anyone. LOOK NO FURTHER!
Medical Billing & Coding
The Medical Billing and Coding Program was developed in response to the health industry need to increase the number of skilled Medical Billing and Coding Specialist in the workforce. The program that was produced is the core curriculum consisting of competencies that provide baseline skill development. Specialization for the acute care in-patient coder, physician office coder, and those in ambulatory care settings will be covered in future updates.
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Law, Ethics, and HIPAA
- Billing & Reimbursement
- Diagnostic Coding
- Procedural Coding
- Completion & Certification Prep
Cornerstone Institute of Technology will provide the required materials for this program. They include:
- Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Insurance Billing
- Current Year CPT-4 Coding Manual
- Current Year ICD-9-CM Coding Manual
- Merriam-Webster’s Medical Desk Dictionary
- The coding reference materials provided will be current with the exam
- Applicable at the time of enrollment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be proficient in keyboarding and a word processing program