Sterile Processing Technician
Cornerstone has exceeded my expectations. The SPT course was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is "learn by example". I would recommend this institution to anyone. LOOK NO FURTHER!
Basic Life Support (BLS) Online(Part 1)
Basic Life Support (BLS) For Healthcare Providers Online Part 1
This convenient online course covers the cognitive portion (Part 1) of the Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers course. Cornerstone International College is an Authorized Provider of American Heart Association.
This Web-based, self-directed course uses case-based scenarios and interactive lessons to teach students the content of the Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers course. A convenient alternative for taking the BLS course, the online version allows students to train at their own pace and on their own schedule. This course is based on the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
Key Features and Benefits
This course may be used for initial or renewal certification, and includes information on:
- single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in- hospital and out-of-hospital settings
- emergency recognition
- adult, child, and infant rescue techniques
- high-quality CPR
- AED use
- relief of choking
- 5 interactive exercises, scenarios, and a written exam
- audio and video
- settings to turn on and off video autoplay
- a "drag and drop" tool that reinforces steps and sequences
- a tool for taking and referencing notes
- a progress bar at top of course screen and check-mark icons next to each exercise that indicate progress through the course
- navigation controls that allow user to move easily through content, including accordion-style content navigation for less scrolling
- screen and text-sized options to help meet diverse learning needs
Downloadable content includes:
- BLS For Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card
- adult/pediatric algorithms
- a summary of steps
- 1-2 rescuer adult BLS (with AED) skills testing sheet
- 1-2 rescuer infant BLS skills testing sheet
Includes online access to the Basic Life Support (BLS) For Healthcare Providers Student Manual, and access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of the course key.
Course participants who successfully complete Part 1 (including the written exam) receive access to a printable certificate granting them entrance to a skills practice session (Part 2) and skills test (Part 3) with a certified American Heart Association instructor, which they must pass to qualify for a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers course card. Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one skills practice and testing session at the Cornerstone International College campus.
Please include an e-mail address when ordering. The access key and instructions on how to log in and register for the course will be e-mailed to you, usually within 1 to 2 business days.
NOTE: You must purchase one online access key to gain access to the Online course. Please call our Admissions Counselors to enroll in the course at 510-429-1700.
Dimensions and Specifications
PC and Mac(R) compatible
Additional Supplies Needed for Operation
Computer with Internet access
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long can students access the information in this online course?
A: Once a student activates his or her course key, the student can access the course information for 24 months.