Cornerstone International College offers an all-inclusive, academically based class that prepares any healthcare professionals to pass the CPR and ECC certification. Cornerstone International College is an authorized training provider of the American Heart Association
This Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professional the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, time and effective manner.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
*This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
Renewal Course requires approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and skills testing. *course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins
- Video based course ensures consistency
- Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
- Updated Science based content
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card is valid for two years. In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam at the end of the class.
Cornerstone International College offers one of the lowest and the most affordable tuition fee in the bay area. Compare us with the others and enroll now. All American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider classes have a limited availability and require pre-registration, and pre-payment to guarantee a place in the class