This course is designed for nurses who are interested in qualifying for the role of Director of Staff Development(DSD) in accordance with State and Federal regulations.The course has been approved by the Board of Registered Nurses for thirty (30) hours of Continuing Education Credits.It also meets Title 22 requirements for DSD qualification, and includes an explanation on update of current OBRA Nurses Aide Law and SB1111 State law and regulations.
This course includes follow-up visit with students on site at no extra charge.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the Director of Staff Development.
- Develop and administer various types of learning needs assessment tools.
- Formulate lesson plans and learning experiences based on objectives.
- Identify and use various teaching strategies for adult learners.
- Construct measures for written and clinical evaluation.
- Identify State and Federal regulations regarding Staff Development.
To qualify as a DSD, the candidate must be an RN or LVN and satisfy one of the following:
Option 1: Have one-year experience as a licensed nurse providing direct patient care in a long-term care facility, IN ADDITION to having one-year of experience in planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs.
Option 2: Have two-years full time experience as a licensed nurse, at least one of which must be in the provision of direct patient care in a nursing facility.